Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Home, Sweet Home!

October 20, 2005

Hi everybody! Just a quick note to say that we made it just fine, and are SO happy to be home. Ling Ling handled the flights like a pro, and thought she was living large in first class on the long leg from GZ to LA! She loved having her own TV and headphones, and couldn't wait until we took off to recline her seat and put up the foot rest. She slept off and on, and watched cartoons in between. The flight attendants were really sweet to her, and made sure she got lots of extra attention (and candy, too). She slept through the entire flight to Dallas from LA, so was refreshed and ready to go by the time we arrived at the airport at 5AM this morning. She was so excited when we landed, and ran and jumped into her daddy's arms when she saw him. My dad came along too, and she took to him immediately, offering him her airline pretzels right away.

When we arrived at the house, the kids were asleep, but woke up soon after when they heard the commotion. I found myself just a little while after we got home sitting in the floor of the playroom watching my kids play together, and it hit me that, HOLY COW, we have 3 kids now!! Jakob was so funny, asking where Baby Jack was (I guess he thought I'd be having the baby in China and bringing him home as well, ha!). My 3 cuties act as if they have known each other for years, and Jaden is following Ling Ling around right now like a little puppy. This house looks as though a tornado has come through, as Ling Ling has explored every inch and left toys everywhere in her wake. We'll work on clean up later. :) She's already munched on french fries from McDonald's, so I guess she is officially "in the club" as far as Jakob and Jaden are concerned. I am continually amazed at how easily she seems to be fitting in to our family, this certainly was a match made in Heaven.

Well, I think I'll go see what the kids are into now, they've probably moved on to emptying closets or something! I promise to post more pics soon of Ling Ling in her new home and with her brother and sister. Thanks again for all your prayers and messages of love, we enjoyed every single one and couldn't have made it without you all!!

Love from Texas,
Marla

Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Tim Waters said...

I just stumbled on your blog (linked from another blog which was linked from another which was linked from another) :)

Very sweet story. Congratulations!!! My wife and I have thought about adopting a little girl from China. I went there a couple years ago and fell in love with the people. Looking at Jacey holding up her "victory" sign in her pictures brought back fond memories..

Again, congrats!!!

Shana said...

Marla, Congratulations!!! Ling Ling is absolutely beautiful! What a smiley happy girl, and what a beautiful family!

So happy for you!
Shana :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dawn S. said...

I just found your blog, too! (from Amy in MN) and had to say congrats!! How exciting!

Laura said...

Marla- Erica's friend, Laura, here again. I have really enjoyed reading the journeys of your girls. Jacey has some personality! They are lucky girls to have you and Derek. Thanks for sharing.